[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 924
From: Adam Gibson
Date: 2006-05-11 12:06:20 -0400
Subject: Re: Milter-link & SpamAssassin...

Removal...........: milters-request@milter.info?subject=remove
More information..: http://www.milter.info/#Support

Not the original author of the email but this is a great idea to allow
the mail to pass but let spamassassin check the header and give it a
weight/score.  I was not planning on implementing this until he
suggested using the header for spamassassin.

Anthony Howe wrote:
> Removal...........: milters-request@milter.info?subject=remove
> More information..: http://www.milter.info/#Support
>
> Taylor, Grant wrote:
>> If any one is interested I have written a rule for SpamAssassin
>> (below) to look for Milter-Link's tag to see if a message failed
>> Milter-Links test(s) and adjust the SA Spam score accordingly.
>
> This is where I'm confused, why not just have milter-link reject the
> mail with -p reject. Or if you're still paranoid about loosing a
> message, use -p quaratine instead.

I would implement this the same way on my servers because denying the
connection could cause to many false positives for the redirection and
valid url checks.  By giving it a score in Spamassassin you have more
control and can just give it a weight that would only block/quarantine
the mail if other things look like spam too.

> Otherwise if you're using a milter/SpamAssassin combo already, why use
> milter-link, if you're not going to reject or quaratine? SpamAssassin
> can already do the URL checks (though more slowly I think) and tag it
> itself.

Your milter can check things that spamassassin doesn't (of course).

> If you do choose to use milter-link and SpamAssassin together, then
> disable the URI BL checks in SpamAssassin, as they will be redundant and
> slow you down.

I was hoping that could be done for just that reason.

Lists Index Date Thread Search