[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 914
From: Anthony Howe
Date: 2006-05-04 11:24:22 -0400
Subject: Re: milter-sender force greylisting on verizon.net

Removal...........: milters-request@milter.info?subject=remove
More information..: http://www.milter.info/#Support

Steffan Vigano wrote:
> Hello there....  we are getting hammered by forged addresses from the
> verizon.net domain.   Unfortunately, we do have a fairly large number of
> legitimate users sending in from legit @verizon.net addresses.
> Currently, it seems that verizon does not deal well with the null sender

Have you tried MxCallBackAsPostmaster=1 option.

> probe from milter-sender so I had to put an accept entry into my
> access.db in order to get the handful of legit email to come through.
> Thereby opening the floodgates from the rest of the garbage.   Is there
> a way with milter-sender that I can disable the return address check,

Disable the return address? You mean the sender's address @verizon.net?
You could try installing milter-gris and then do:

# By pass milter-sender for the sender's address you WANT to grey list.
milter-sender-from:verizon.net	OK

# Make sure the sender's domain is grey-list processed.
milter-gris-from:verizon.net	SKIP

# By-pass milter-gris for all other senders.
milter-gris-connect:		SKIP
milter-gris-from:		OK

> but force a greylist response for this domain?   I'd have to think that
> it would slow the flow a bit.

milter-sender does not have the ability to selectively apply different
tests to different domains.

--
Anthony C Howe          Skype: SirWumpus                    SnertSoft
+33 6 11 89 73 78         AIM: SirWumpus    Sendmail Milter Solutions

Lists Index Date Thread Search