[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 901
From: Grant Taylor
Date: 2006-04-29 14:56:53 -0400
Subject: Re: Milter-Report strange (?) behavior...

Removal...........: milters-request@milter.info?subject=remove
More information..: http://www.milter.info/#Support

> Yes. I've been undecided since first writing it. The obvious choice is
> as you assumed before, that those white listed don't get reports. But
> I've been thinking maybe some sort of "formatting" behaviour similar to
> milter-bcc, that would allow you to specify patterns as to where a
> report for a particular user or group of users should go instead AND
> still allow white-listing/ignore semantics (OK, SKIP, NEXT).

I do believe that there needs to be a way to tell milter-report that it does not need to
process / record / act on emails for specified users.  I'm not familiar with the
""formating that you are referring to so I can't say as that I have an opinion
on that.  However that being said, if you have a way to specify formatting while also
specifying whether or not to process for a given recipient at the same time then I see no
reason to not have the formatting as an option for those who may wish to use it.  There is
an interesting point that comes up that may help address both issues.  If someone wishes
to not report on a given recipient then they will quite likely not care or need to specify
a format for the report for said recipient.  Thus it may be possible to do both by
specifying a format of "NONE" (or "SKIP")for recipients that people
with to be ignored.  Something else you might consider would be to make the format of the
report be a command line option.

> I've been waiting on enhancement requests, suggestions, or bug fixes to
> push me in some direction, but so far I've been fence sitting on this.

This seems to be reasonable enough.  :)

Grant. . . .

Lists Index Date Thread Search