[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 849
From: Taylor, Grant
Date: 2006-03-09 11:23:32 -0500
Subject: Request for a (new) milter...

Removal...........: milters-request@milter.info?subject=remove
More information..: http://www.milter.info/#Support

I'm running in to an interesting scenario that I think a (new) milter might be able to
solve.  I am looking for a milter that could be run early in the filtering process that
could read in the recipient and do the checks to find out if the user is local or not and
then see if said user is over quota or not.  If the user is over quota I'd like the milter
to return a 4.2.2 Mailbox full / over quota error very early in the SMTP conversation.

I know that there are probably better ways to deal with this issue, though I don't know of
any at the moment.  IMHO this seems like it would be a relatively simple issue.  I'm not
asking for the milter to know the size of the incoming email and to calculate if the mb
will be over limit after the message comes in but rather just check if the mb is over
limit at the start of the message.

Thoughts / ideas opinions?

Grant. . . .

Lists Index Date Thread Search