[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 803
From: H. Loeung
Date: 2006-01-30 00:38:12 -0500
Subject: milter-sender - Greylisting and blind MX server checking

Removal...........: milters-request@milter.info?subject=remove
More information..: http://www.milter.info/#Support

Hello Anthony,
My understanding of milter-sender's use of greylisting is that it is
applied to MX servers that appears to accept mail for any e-mail address.
Greylisting is enabled by default and could be disabled by setting
CacheGreyListTTL to 0.

How milter-sender determines if an MX server blindly accepts mail is by
generating an intentionally false e-mail address and using it to see if
the MX server will accept mail destined for this address.

I was just wondering, with greylisting disabled (CacheGreyListTTL set to
0), is there any reason why we still check to see if an MX server blindly
accepts mail?

Thank you very much for your time.

Regards,

Haw