[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 787
From: Anthony Howe
Date: 2006-01-10 03:31:55 -0500
Subject: Re: any documentation for using /etc/mail/milter-limit.cf

Removal...........: milters-request@milter.info?subject=remove
More information..: http://www.milter.info/#Support

Skip Hayes wrote:
> Removal...........: milters-request@milter.info?subject=remove
> More information..: http://www.milter.info/#Support
>
> I'd be using /etc/mail/access to config the milters but until I get that
> problem solved I'm attempting to use the milter-limit.cf method of
> milter tuning... though I can't seem to figure out exactly what format
> and method I should use to make it.

milter-limit.cf is simple a text file of command line options. access.db
is used for all other entries/

> My question is: can someone give me an example
> /etc/mail/milter-limit.cf please? Or explain the
> config file format and method for creating it?
>
> Let's say here's what I put in /etc/mail/access
> to configure milter-limit for testing:
>
> milter-limit-Connect:127        -1/1
> milter-limit-Connect:192.168    2/60
> milter-limit-Connect:default    3/60
> milter-limit-From:default       2/60
> milter-limit-To:default         2/60
>
> I do mod my sendmail.mc files and m4 them into sendmail.cf, is
> that how I"m supposed to create these milter-x.cf files?

The milter-limit.cf file is command line options only. The
milter-limit-* tags go in access. If you change
/etc/mail/milter-limit.cf, then you only need restart the milter itself
to get the changes.

You only need to build the sendmail.mc/cf files once when you install
the milter and restart the milter. Unless you change the
INPUT_MAIL_FILTER() macro later, you should not need to redo the
sendmail.cf.

Make sure you rebuild access.db after changing the access text file
using makemap or what ever script you use to build it. The milter
detects when the file is updated and does not need to be restarted.

--
Anthony C Howe                                 +33 6 11 89 73 78
http://www.snert.com/       ICQ:

Sendmail Anti-Spam Solutions           http://www.snertsoft.com/
                                             We Serve Your Server

Lists Index Date Thread Search