[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 744
From: Paul McAvoy
Date: 2005-10-25 13:06:13 -0400
Subject: Re: milter-report

Removal...........: milters-request@milter.info?subject=remove
More information..: http://www.milter.info/#Support

Anthony Howe wrote:
>Removal...........: milters-request@milter.info?subject=remove
>More information..: http://www.milter.info/#Support
>
>Paul McAvoy wrote:
>

>>Thanks for the milter report.  I have installed it on my system and now
>>get mail 2x a day with a list of bounced email's.  Groovy! :)
>>
>>I am having a bit of trouble with it however.  I am runing it with the
>>command line option '-p copy' to have myself get cc'd on all the reports
>>that go out.  I see that a number of people are getting repeat reports
>>from previous days.  Are you aware of this, and am I doing anything wrong?
>>

>I'm not aware of this. Are the old portion of the reports complete
>duplicates or partials?
>
>The reports are suppose to be cleared apon successful sending of the
>report to a user.
>
>Have you checked file permissions? I doubt this is the problem since the
>reports continue to grow (I assume).

The reports are complete duplicates.  ie: unsent message from <x> on wed
Oct 13, keeps being sent.
Additionally, I continue to see new messages, so I believe that the DB
file has correct permissions.

>>I have configured the milter-report to use a BDB data file.
>>

>Shouldn't be an issue.
>

>>Additionally, I see that postmaster is getting a duplicate report
>>message just after the period it is supposed to.  Ie: I think that the
>>default report times are 5am and 5pm.  I'll often get another report to
>>postmaster at some other time.  For instance 2:30pm.
>>

>The reports are sent via SMTP. It is possible that these reports are
>queued until the next queue run. Which begs the question how often do
>you do queue runs?

again, I just looked at the queue and it appears that there are no extra
messages.  I suppose I can look just after 5pm to see if there are any
extra.

>>Any clues to what I may have not configured , or mis-configured?
>>

>None at this time. From what you have said, I can't fathom why the delay
>in report delivery nor the reason for the old reports not being cleared.

Thanks for the feedback.  I'll have to look into it a bit more.  If I
see anything which looks promising, I'll report back!

- Paul

Lists Index Date Thread Search