[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 723
From: Jeff Powell
Date: 2005-09-20 03:45:40 -0400
Subject: Greylist/cache in SQL for milter-sender?

Removal...........: milters-request@milter.info?subject=remove
More information..: http://www.milter.info/#Support

Here's an item for the wishlist-- the ability to store the greylist data
and the cache in a MySQL database.  My company is thinking about using
milter-sender but they have one problem with it.  We have two incoming
mail servers with equal MX records, i.e., incoming mail can come to
either of the two servers.  This is both for failover and for load
sharing.  Both are running SpamAssassin, using Bayesian filtering with a
MySQL database on a third server.
It would be really nice to have milter-sender also store its data on
that third server in a real database.  That would prevent milter-sender
having to to a callback on one server when it has already just rejected
it on the other server.

Jeff

Lists Index Date Thread Search