[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 706
From: Kevin Rosenberg
Date: 2005-08-27 11:22:10 -0400
Subject: Re: libsnert/milter-ahead on AMD64

Removal...........: milters-request@milter.info?subject=remove
More information..: http://www.milter.info/#Support

Anthony Howe wrote:
> I've also just noticed that OpenBSD 3.6, which I use as a reference
> [...]
>       inet_ntop(int af, const void *src, char *dst, size_t size);
> while the Single Unix Specification Version 3 defines:
>       const char *inet_ntop(int af, const void *restrict src,
> 	 char *restrict dst, socklen_t size);

Ugh, indeed. I'd say that the OpenBSD definition is broken, unless
  1. they really want network addresses longer than 4GB on 64-bit
  systems
or,
  2. they want to limit size_t (one definition being "a type to define
  sizes of strings and memory blocks") to 32-bits on 64-bit systems

I'm not familiar with OpenBSD (I used to use BSDi and FreeBSD from 10
to 6 years ago), but I wonder if they really have a 64-bit long
inet_ntop on their amd64 port.

--
Kevin Rosenberg
kevin@rosenberg.net