[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 662
From: Anthony Howe
Date: 2005-07-27 14:35:23 -0400
Subject: Re: disable milter-gris/spamc scanning for relayed

Removal...........: milters-request@milter.info?subject=remove
More information..: http://www.milter.info/#Support

Marcus Sobchak wrote:
> Thanks for this nice answer. I'm running an old version of milter-spamc
> (0.25.32). Does the SKIP flag work with this version too?

Yes it should.

> My next question belongs to milter-ahead: how do I enable milter-ahead for
> just a few domains on the machine. Some domains on the server are delivered
> localy and some domains are relayed to another host. I'd like to check only
> those domains, which are relayed to other host, but don't want to put
> something like "Milter-ahead:localdomain.com  SKIP" for each local domain

First off, that wouldn't work, since milter-ahead does not act on B/W
listings (well the most recent version does use milter-ahead-connect: in
relation to the -m option, but thats not been released yet) in access.db.

So the current version of milter-ahead only tests a direct route given
by sendmail from mailertable, where a direct route is defined like one
of these:

	example.com	esmtp:[123.45.67.89]
	example.com	esmtp:[machine.example.com]

So any host not in the mailertable or is a general route:

	example.com	esmtp:sub.example.com

would be ignored.

--
Anthony C Howe                                 +33 6 11 89 73 78
http://www.snert.com/       ICQ:

Sendmail Anti-Spam Solutions           http://www.snertsoft.com/
                                             We Serve Your Server

Lists Index Date Thread Search