[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 644
Date: 2005-07-06 19:17:29 -0400
Subject: Re: milter-limit-Connect default value?

Removal...........: milters-request@milter.info?subject=remove
More information..: http://www.milter.info/#Support

Anthony Howe <achowe@snert.com> wrote:

> b) The second choice I think I prefer and that would be to define a
> default limt and if no specific entry and be found, create one for
that
> IP only in the cache. This raises a new question. How fine do you
limit,
> by IP /32 or /24 or something in between? Make it part of the default
> option specification? My gut reaction says, /32 or /128 only, because
> anything else is gets really tough to call.

/32 would be fine --- I believe Sendmail 8.13's ratecontrol features
deal with unspecified hosts on a per host basis, as well.

thanks,
Jeremie

Get your own free AIM(R) Mail account and become eligible to win daily
prizes, ending July 30, 2005. One lucky grand prize winner will even
drive away with a 2005 MINI(R) Cooper S.
http://cdn.channel.aol.com/aimmail/aim_mail.html?mail_footer

Lists Index Date Thread Search