[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 628
From: Anthony Howe
Date: 2005-07-01 12:03:05 -0400
Subject: Re: [DYNDNS] Re: Sargent Slaughter! Report! New milter-report

Removal...........: milters-request@milter.info?subject=remove
More information..: http://www.milter.info/#Support

barryc wrote:
> Removal...........: milters-request@milter.info?subject=remove
> More information..: http://www.milter.info/#Support
>

>>I have a new utility milter: milter-report.
>>
>>It collects
>>sender/recipient addresses and periodically sends a report of all the
>>undelivered mail to the recipients so they can verify is any addresses
>>need white list treatment.
>

> Would it not be beneficial to also log the subject lines of undelivered mail?

It does IF the message gets that far through the SMTP processing; in
which case milter-report should be FIRST in you list of milters, before
another milter can reject or modify the message.

Remember sendmail and a milter can reject a message at several different
stages, so its not always possible to know the recipients or the Subject
before the message is rejected. Its not a perfect solution, but its
better than none.

--
Anthony C Howe                                 +33 6 11 89 73 78
http://www.snert.com/       ICQ:

Sendmail Anti-Spam Solutions           http://www.snertsoft.com/
                                             We Serve Your Server

Lists Index Date Thread Search