[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 544
From: Mike
Date: 2005-05-03 11:27:03 -0400
Subject: Re: Problem compiling libsnert & milter-sender on SuSE 9.3 (db related)

Removal...........: milters-request@milter.info?subject=remove
More information..: http://www.milter.info/#Support

Well, I've played with exactly such a rule set (found it at  http://networking.ringofsaturn.com/Unix/sendmailtips.php), they seem
to be identical.

[cut]

However, domain names which I find unacceptable are actually in /etc/mail/relay-domains,
since gateways don't accept local mail, they only relay it, I believe this is class R.

But, I'm using more checks. Besides not accepting a HELO which is a domain in class R, I
also refuse ANY HELO which is an IP address or does not contain at least one dot (I do
however NOT check if it's resolvable, since many, many mail servers (read Exchange) use
hostnames which are not resolvable). I find it easier to do this in .c than a rule set
(I'm not sure if I can even do this in a rule set: determing if the helo host is an IP
address and reject it).

I can send you my modified milter-sender.c if you are interested? I also had to make an
adjustment for someone who accepts mail on a non regular port (being different than port
25), but still wants call ahead.

Maybe I extend the code sometime to check if the HELO is identical to an access.db entry
with a RHS of RELAY? That way I don't have to compile milter-sender each time a new domain
is added to the mail gateway! ;-)

>Anthony C Howe                                 +33 6 11 89 73 78

Mike.

Lists Index Date Thread Search