[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 524
From: Anthony Howe
Date: 2005-04-28 11:14:47 -0400
Subject: Re: mailertable per user

Removal...........: milters-request@milter.info?subject=remove
More information..: http://www.milter.info/#Support

April Lorenzen wrote:
>>IF the mail message is to RCPT='<user@host.example.com>', then you need
>>more mailertable entries like:
>>
>>.example.com	esmtp:[machine.our.domain]
>>
>>Note the leading dot, which will look for subdomain/machines of a
>>domain. With out the leading dot, it looks for an exact match after the
>>@ sign.
>

> Would sendmail match per user mailertable like this:
>
> user1@example.com esmtp:[IP or FQDN]
> user2@example.com esmtp:[IP or FQDN]
> user3@example.com esmtp:[IP or FQDN]
> example.com esmtp:[IP or FQDN]
>
> If it doesn't now, maybe I could modify the existing mailertable function to do so...

Far as I know, you cannot use user addresses on the left-hand-side. SO
what you propose would not work. The mailertable is like a routing table
for mail.

You can achive something similar to your suggestion using the virtusertable.

--
Anthony C Howe                                 +33 6 11 89 73 78
http://www.snert.com/       ICQ:

"held in my arms / his sun washed face / eyes closed" - Anthony

Lists Index Date Thread Search