[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 452
From: Emery Guevremont
Date: 2005-04-01 16:50:18 -0500
Subject: Re: How to whitelist a domain in milter-sender?

Removal...........: milters-request@milter.info?subject=remove
More information..: http://www.milter.info/#Support

Alexander Dalloz wrote:
> Removal...........: milters-request@milter.info?subject=remove
> More information..: http://www.milter.info/#Support
>
> Am Fr, den 01.04.2005 schrieb Ryan Moore um 20:26:
>
>>That should work I would think, however you don't need to restart the
>>processes in order for them to read the access.db, they'll detect
>>changes on the fly. Are you sure milter-sender is hitting the access.db?
>>You could enable debug logging and it'll output the queries to the db,
>>if you don't see any database queries then there is an issue with
>>milter-sender reading it perhaps. Sendmail and milter-sender must be
>>linked to the same version of BDB as well.
>>
>>Ryan Moore
>

>>>mail from: <root@server1.domain.com>
>>>553 5.4.4 <root@server1.domain.com>... 'server1.domain.com' lookup
>>>failed: DNS name not found
>>>
>>>and the error in maillog is:
>>>
>>>Apr  1 12:49:39 mail sendmail[21639]: j31HnZ8t021639: Milter:
>>>from=<root@server1.domain.com>, reject=553 5.4.4 'server1.domain.com'
>>>lookup failed: DNS name not found
>

> I see a DNS error from DNS misconfiguration or lacking configuration and
> nothing caused by a milter (access_db) setup.
>
> Alexander
The problem for me isn't a DNS problem, because I don't want to add any
info in my DNS server about server1.domain.com. So far, for security
reasons, I only use /etc/hosts in order to resolve my internal servers.

All I'm trying to do is get my milter-sender to check my access.db and
skip entries configured with "OK" or "RELAY" and it doesn't seem to
work.

Lists Index Date Thread Search