[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 407
From: Todd Pytel
Date: 2005-03-21 13:02:05 -0500
Subject: Re: milter-ahead runs fine, then dies on OpenBSD

Removal...........: milters-request@milter.info?subject=remove
More information..: http://www.milter.info/#Support
--------------------------------------------------------

I had some time, so I went ahead and figured out how to recompile
sendmail against BDB 3.x (just setting CFLAGS, LDFLAGS, LD_LIBRARY_PATH,
and remaking). After recompiling libsnert and milter-ahead, it's running
fine for several days now. So, indeed, it was the old DB version making
trouble as you suspected. But I'll still be happy to try out the new
versions of libsnert and milter-ahead if you're interested in hearing
whether those solve the problems.

Thanks for the help,
Todd Pytel


On Thu, 17 Mar 2005 09:13:02 +0100
Anthony Howe <achowe@snert.com> wrote:

> Todd Pytel wrote:
> > I've got milter-ahead 0.8 and libsnert 1.40 installed and,
> > apparently,
> > correctly configured on an OpenBSD 3.5 system. Mail logs indicate
> > that the milter operates properly, caching results and generally
> > doing what it should. But after a short time (usually less than an
> > hour) the milter-ahead process dies. It sounds an awful lot like the
> > problem on FreeBSD mentioned in the thread started here:
> 
> I suspect is this problem:
> 
> FreeBSD, OpenBSD, and I presume NetBSD insist on using really old 
> Berkeley DB 1.85, which Keith Bostic wrote and he has told me has 
> several design problems and is no longer supported by him.
> 
> All my efforts to narrow down the BDB cache problem in milter-sender 
> (and my other milters that use a cache) points to the BDB 1.85
> library, not the milter. 

Lists Index Date Thread Search