[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 404
From: Anthony Howe
Date: 2005-03-21 11:05:19 -0500
Subject: Re: Whitelist problem with milter-spamc?

Removal...........: milters-request@milter.info?subject=remove
More information..: http://www.milter.info/#Support

Joe Matuscak wrote:
> I do have the stock (on Fedora anyway) lines in my access file for
> localhost:
>
> # by default we allow relaying from localhost...
> localhost.localdomain           RELAY
> localhost                       RELAY

That is so broken, because you will be matching based on the doamin
after the @ sign, not on the IP localhost IP address. Bet you're marked
down as an open-relay some where.

The correct way to do it is first remove the above lines then say:

Connect:127.0.0.1		RELAY

That will let you send mail from the machine itself.

The alternative way to do this with the brain-dead Fedore config is to say:

localhost.localdomain           RELAY
localhost                       RELAY
Milter-Spamc-From:localhost.localdomain		REJECT
Milter-Spamc-From:localhost		REJECT

The last two lines would force milter-spamc to at least scan the
message, while leaving your Sendmail setup an open relay.

> Is this a problem with milter-spamc or something messed up in my
> configuration?

This is a config issue I pretty sure.

--
Anthony C Howe                                 +33 6 11 89 73 78
http://www.snert.com/       ICQ:

"held in my arms / his sun washed face / eyes closed" - Anthony

Lists Index Date Thread Search