[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 400
From: Anthony Howe
Date: 2005-03-17 06:14:15 -0500
Subject: Re: milter-ahead runs fine, then dies on OpenBSD

Removal...........: milters-request@milter.info?subject=remove
More information..: http://www.milter.info/#Support

YourShop SA Hosting wrote:
> Why don't you install Berkeley DB somewhere like
>
>    /usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.2
>
> then compile sendmail with the m4 options
>
>   PREPENDDEF(\`confINCDIRS',  \`-I/usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.2/include')
>   PREPENDDEF(\`confLIBDIRS',  \`-L/usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.2/lib')

While this is the solution I often prefer and mentioned in the
documentation, not everyone wants to build from source, prefering to
remain within the official release and package system.

> compile libsnert with the compile option
>
>   --with-db=/usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.2
>
> and finally compile any of the milters who use Berkely DB with the compile option
>
>   --with-db=/usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.2
>
> and you're fine, on FreeBSD at least.
 >
 > Claudio

On FreeBSD Volker Stolz heard my cries of pain and suffering over the
age of BDB 1.85 that he did manage to get the FreeBSD /usr/ports
sendmail maintainer to add some knobs to make this easier to do. I'm not
sure OpenBSD nor NetBSD can use FreeBSD /usr/ports as-is, without some
changes.

--
Anthony C Howe                                 +33 6 11 89 73 78
http://www.snert.com/       ICQ:

"held in my arms / his sun washed face / eyes closed" - Anthony

Lists Index Date Thread Search