[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 387
From: Joe Matuscak
Date: 2005-03-15 13:43:48 -0500
Subject: Problem with RFC2821 address check.

Removal...........: milters-request@milter.info?subject=remove
More information..: http://www.milter.info/#Support

I just installed milter-ahead and milter-spamc on my production mail
server. I've run into a problem with the strict checking for RFC 2821
compliance on the "MAIL FROM:" and "RCPT TO:" SMTP commands. I've
found
two commercial applications we use that leave out the "<" and
">" around
the address on those commands, which causes the messages to be rejected.
With the milters out of the picture, sendmail (8.13.1 on Fedora Core 3)
will accept the address with or without the brackets.  Is there any way to
disable the strict address checking on the milters?

Thanks,

Joe Matuscak
Rohrer Corporation
717 Seville Road