[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 319
From: Anthony Howe
Date: 2005-02-02 02:05:00 -0500
Subject: Re: milter-gris: no child processes forked, 2.6.8 kernel,

Removal...........: milters-request@milter.info?subject=remove
More information..: http://www.milter.info/#Support

Marcus Schopen wrote:
> I'm running milter-gris on an Pentium 233 MMX with an 2.6.8 Debian/sarge
> standard kernel. When starting milter-gris no child processes were forked.
> I'm not sure, if this is a normal behavior for 2.6 kernels or something is
> wrong with my kernel or miler-gris build. A 2.4.27 kernel on the same machine
> does forke two child processes.

A milter  is a threaded process. It does not fork processes to handle
sendmail requests. In older Linux kernels, they showed threads the same
way as processes using ps, but I believe that has been changed and that
there is a some new command to list threads of a process.

--
Anthony C Howe                                 +33 6 11 89 73 78
http://www.snert.com/       ICQ:

            "Once...we were here."  - Last of The Mohicans

Lists Index Date Thread Search