[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 284
From: Randy Johnson
Date: 2004-12-21 21:03:29 -0500
Subject: Can't compile LibSNERT ?

Removal...........: milters-request@milter.info?subject=remove
More information..: http://www.milter.info/#Support

Hello, group -
New user here, so please bear with me.  I appreciate any help or
suggestions.

I am working with Fedora Linux, the 'Core 3' release.

When I run the configure script for Snert, the out put is:

[root@fedora lib]# ./configure

checking for ranlib... ranlib

checking for gcc... gcc

checking for C compiler default output file name... configure: error: C
compiler cannot create executables

See `config.log' for more details.

[root@fedora lib]#

I'm happy to post any or all of the config.log file if that might be
helpful.

The only section I see offhand that would appear to relate to this is posted
below:

configure:2079: gcc -V </dev/null >&5

gcc: `-V' option must have argument

configure:2082: $? = 1

configure:2105: checking for C compiler default output file name

configure:2108: gcc -oconftest  -D_REENTRANT -g -Wall -fvolatile
conftest.c  >&5

cc1: error: unrecognized command line option "-fvolatile"

configure:2111: $? = 1

configure: failed program was:

| /* confdefs.h.  */

| #define PACKAGE_NAME "LibSnert"

| #define PACKAGE_TARNAME "libsnert"

| #define PACKAGE_VERSION "1.40"

| #define PACKAGE_STRING "LibSnert 1.40"

| #define PACKAGE_BUGREPORT "Anthony Howe <achowe@snert.com>"

| #define LIBSNERT_MAJOR 1

| #define LIBSNERT_MINOR 40

| #define LIBSNERT_BUILD 622

| #define LIBSNERT_AUTHOR "Anthony Howe <achowe@snert.com>"

| #define LIBSNERT_VERSION "LibSnert/1.40.622"

| #define LIBSNERT_COPYRIGHT "Copyright 1996, 2004 by Anthony Howe. All
rights reserved."

| #define LIBSNERT_UNAME "Linux"

| #define LIBSNERT_DEBUG 1

| /* end confdefs.h.  */

| int

| main ()

| {

|   ;

|   return 0;

| }

configure:2150: error: C compiler cannot create executables See `config.log'
for more details.

Lists Index Date Thread Search