[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 272
From: Brian Somers
Date: 2004-12-07 11:25:24 -0500
Subject: Re: Why is milter-sender removed from FreeBSD ports

Removal...........: milters-request@milter.info?subject=remove
More information..: http://www.milter.info/#Support

On Mon, 06 Dec 2004 10:53:40 -0500, Adam Gibson <agibson@ptm.com> wrote:
> Removal...........: milters-request@milter.info?subject=remove
> More information..: http://www.milter.info/#Support
>
> My guess would be #4 of the license agreement of milter-sender.
>
> 4. Non-commercial redistribution, including but not limited to mirrors,
> archives, collections, bundles, CDROMS, of the original source archive,
> derived binaries, and/or patches is NOT permitted without the prior
> written permission in hardcopy (letter or fax) from the author.

In which case someone should have added

NO_CDROM=	Author doesn't allow redistribution
NO_PACKAGES=	Author doesn't allow redistribution

to the Makefile.

Personally I find the whole thing a bit irritating - now I get the pleasure
of either never upgrading milter-sender again or figuring out yet another
way of tracking software - which is something that won't happen as I've got
a lot of better things to do with my time and way too many machines to keep
an eye on...

Oh well, I suppose a free version will be developed eventually!

--
Brian <brian@Awfulhak.org>                        <brian@[uk.]FreeBSD.org>
      <http://www.Awfulhak.org>

Lists Index Date Thread Search