[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 248
From: Anthony Howe
Date: 2004-11-22 12:05:13 -0500
Subject: Re: White listing

Removal...........: milters-request@milter.info?subject=remove
More information..: http://www.milter.info/#Support

Dave Close wrote:
> Removal...........: milters-request@milter.info?subject=remove
> More information..: http://www.milter.info/#Support
>
> I'm still lost trying to make a white list work. This is with milter-sender
> 0.55 and mimedefang. I think the rejection is coming from milter-sender.
>
> Testing from a remote location:
>
> $ telnet compata.com 25
> Trying 216.237.5.34...
> Connected to compata.com (216.237.5.34).
> Escape character is '^]'.
> 220 compata.com ESMTP Sendmail 8.12.11/8.12.8; Sat, 20 Nov 2004 17:29:49 -0800
> helo test.compata.com
> 250-compata.com Hello mail.hfsnet.com [69.33.98.130] (may be forged), pleased to meet
you
> mail from: <dave@test.compata.com>
> 451 4.7.1 Please try again later

"Please try again later" is not a milter-sender response message. Its
not even a milter-gris response, though it does look like one of the
other grey-listing milters.

All my milters, where applicable, understand B/W listing using the
access DB. Other milters may or may not and/or have other methods they
choose to use.

If you are using a grey-listing milter, disable it. I'm guessing you
have a grey-listing milter that comes before milter-sender. Think about
replacing it with milter-gris, which does understand B/W listing in
access DB. However, using a grey-listing milter and milter-sender
together can have undesirable side effects (double long grey-listing
times), since milter-sender also uses grey-listing in narrowly tailored
fashion, see the previous article below about that aspect:

http://www.snert.com/Software/ecartis/index.php?go=/milters/2004-11/236

--
Anthony C Howe                                 +33 6 11 89 73 78
http://www.snert.com/       ICQ:

            "Once...we were here."  - Last of The Mohicans

Lists Index Date Thread Search