[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 210
From: Upwood, Jim
Date: 2004-10-21 16:24:56 -0400
Subject: Re: How Can I get around this?

Removal...........: milters-request@milter.info?subject=remove
More information..: http://www.milter.info/#Support

Thanks for all the input, but I never really found a solution.  This
mainframe, I know, does not have mx records, or anything in dns for that
matter.  It is a "state-run" site which we NEED to receive mail from in
order to do business.  The actual domain name is LBDC.STATE.NY.US  and
IP is 68.236.129.6
They say they set it up this way because, being directly connected to
the inet from their mainframe, they don't want anyone e-mailing that IP,
so they figured this was the best way to hide it.  I know, I know, we
would have set it up right.  Unfortunately, I can't walk into Albany's
server room and tweak it, so I'm forced to fix it on my side.  I went
back to using spamass-milt, but it has minor issues with Sa3.x
I REALLY want to go back to using milter-spamc, I'm not great with
modifying the source to create a patch (*yet*), can anyone help?

-Jim