[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 181
From: Gib Gilbertson Jr.
Date: 2004-10-18 21:04:07 -0400
Subject: [SIQ] 027 Sendmail errors

Removal...........: milters-request@milter.info?subject=remove
More information..: http://www.milter.info/#Support

Hi.

I've installed Sendmail 8.13.1 on a test FreeBSD 4.10 box. I have added
Milter-ahead, ClamAV-Milter, and FEATURE(`greet_pause',`90000') plus all
the usual features, access.db, mailtertable, virtusertable, etc. and ran m4
to generate a new sendmail.cf file. I then tried to start Sendmail.

After trying to start Sendmail I get an error message as follows:

554 5.0.0 /etc/mail/sendmail.cf: line 591: milter_set_option: invalid
Milter option macros.eom

I comment out the line in sendmail.cf

    O Milter.macros.eom={msg_id}

and Sendmail starts fine, and seems to operate as it should. I've done a
google search trying to find an answer to this question and can't find any
messages stating other people are having this problem.

The only thing that doesn't seem to be working is the
FEATURE(`greet_pause',`90000'). Could this be related in some way to the
problem? Incompatability between Milter-ahead and greet_pause?

Any ideas?

Thanks

gib

--