[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 179
From: Anthony Howe
Date: 2004-10-19 03:50:47 -0400
Subject: Re: socket error on FreeBSD 4.10

Removal...........: milters-request@milter.info?subject=remove
More information..: http://www.milter.info/#Support

Dirk Meyer wrote:
> SendMail from FreeBSD ports compiles with every Berkeley DB version.
> But if you use any other version than DB 1.85, you must configure
> your system in make.conf to use the port version of each tool.

What is the /etc/make.conf entry to do this?

>>Is it possible for you to help us (FreeBSD ports users) with a howto on
>>how to install Milter-Sender on FreeBSD using most of the components
>> from the ports (like Sendmail and BDB)?
>

> I suggest to build sendmail without an extra berkley db installed.
> Then you build milter-sender with the db of your choice.

For milter-sender (and any of my other milters using cache/access
databases), you must build Sendmail and the milters with the same
version of Berkely DB. As I understood in an email from Keith Bostic on
the matter, newer versions of Berkely DB can not read BDB 1.85 file
format, so applications that must access the same database, must be
linked with the same BDB library.

I've CC'ed Kieth on this for confirmation, which I'll forward to the
list for the record later.

--
Anthony C Howe                                 +33 6 11 89 73 78
http://www.snert.com/       ICQ:

            "Once...we were here."  - Last of The Mohicans

Lists Index Date Thread Search