[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 154
From: John Poltorak
Date: 2004-10-17 03:06:08 -0400
Subject: [SIQ] 022 Re: Re: Getting started with milters

Removal...........: milters-request@milter.info?subject=remove
More information..: http://www.milter.info/#Support

On Thu, Oct 14, 2004 at 09:39:44AM +0200, Anthony Howe wrote:
> Removal...........: milters-request@milter.info?subject=remove
> More information..: http://www.milter.info/#Support
>
> John Poltorak wrote:
> > I've never used a milter before although I would like to try something
> > out, but there seem to be so many hoops to jump through.
> >
> > I don't really want to have to build sendmail just to see if I can run a
> > milter. Is there something simple I can try using sendmail 8.11.6 just to
> > get started?
>
> Umm. Not sure that version of Sendmail even supported the libmilter API.
>  From what I recall Sendmail 8.12.8 or better supports milters.  And
> since Sendmail 8.13.1 is out and there have been the usual bug and
> security fixes, I would update. Its not that hard, especially if you're
> on a FreeBSD or Debian systems with their package updates. Also in
> 8.13.0+ there is a new feature `greet_pause' which is a neat technique
> against spammers that pipeline messages to a server.
>
> However, this list is for support and discussion about milters I've
> authored. All my milters will work on Sendmail 8.12.9 or better. Not too
> sure about versions prior to that point in time. For general sendmail /
> milter help, I'd contact milter.org or post to comp.mail.sendmail.

I've installed sendmail 8.13.1 now and am attempting to build milter-bcc
as per instruction, but end up with this error:-

milter-bcc.c:87:3: #error "LibSnert/1.39 or better is required"
make: *** [milter-bcc] Error 1

No errors were generated whilst building libsnert.a which was built from
libsnert-1.40.tgz and ends with

Build 622 DONE

What is causing the error above?

> --
> Anthony C Howe                                 +33 6 11 89 73 78
> http://www.snert.com/       ICQ:
7116561         AIM: Sir Wumpus

--
John