[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 139
From: Anthony Howe
Date: 2004-10-08 10:03:19 -0400
Subject: Re: Broken Pipe?

Removal...........: milters-request@milter.info?subject=remove
More information..: http://www.milter.info/#Support

> I see events like these in my maillog:
>
> Oct  5 13:17:09 amidala sendmail[74388]: i95GDJBo074388: Milter
> (milter-sender): write(Q) returned -1, expected 5: Broken pipe
> Oct  5 13:17:09 amidala sendmail[74388]: i95GDJBo074388: Milter
> (milter-sender): to error state
>
> What does it mean exactly? What is happening? Is milter-sender not
> being able to handle all mail traffic? Is there any way to increase
> milter-sender capacities to avoid this kind of errors?

This error appears because either the sendmail > milter (see
INPUT_MAIL_FILTER settings discussed in the documentation) or milter >
sendmail timeouts are too short (see the MilterSocketTimeout,
MxCallBackMaxAttempts, and/or SocketTimeout might have some impact).

Also if you are running with an older version of milter-sender, it also
be a sign that the process has died or locked up.

--
Anthony C Howe                                 +33 6 11 89 73 78
http://www.snert.com/       ICQ:

            "Once...we were here."  - Last of The Mohicans

Lists Index Date Thread Search