[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 134
From: Anthony Howe
Date: 2004-10-08 03:42:07 -0400
Subject: Re: spamd[1565]: SIGPIPE received - reopening log socket

Removal...........: milters-request@milter.info?subject=remove
More information..: http://www.milter.info/#Support

> Can anybody prompt where to search the problem?
>
> FreeBSD 4.9, SA 2.63, Milter-spamc 0.25
> ----
> Oct  5 16:16:48 avp spamd[1565]: SIGPIPE received - reopening log socket
> Oct  5 16:17:02 avp spamd[1572]: SIGPIPE received - reopening log socket

I saw this yesterday while preparing a client server at work.  This
appears to be a problem when using a unix domain socket. When I switched
to classic TCP socket, the problem went away.

I my view, since the error is reported by SA, its a problem on their
end. I know in libmilter, they explicitly ignore SIGPIPE, so that
milters don't have to handle interrupts from broken connections. I'm
guessing that SA doesn't do this. Would be interesting to see if SA 3.0
when used with unix domain sockets behaves this way or not.

--
Anthony C Howe                                 +33 6 11 89 73 78
http://www.snert.com/       ICQ:

            "Once...we were here."  - Last of The Mohicans

Lists Index Date Thread Search