[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 86
From: Adam Gibson
Date: 2004-09-23 11:18:58 -0400
Subject: Re: [LFN14080312] milter-spamc setup generating false

Removal...........: milters-request@milter.info?subject=remove
More information..: http://www.milter.info/#Support

Anthony Howe wrote:
> Frank Heydlauf wrote:
>
>>I think assuming a spammer would not set "X-Spam-Flag: no" in his
>>mail would be naive.
>>And why should I scan a message again if it's already marked as
>>spam (here: containing X-Spam-Flag:)?
>

> Because you don't trust outside sources to tell you what to think (as I
> reaches for my mind control ray gun).

I may be way off base here but I do not think he is disagreeing with
overwriting whatever is there, but wants to not add it if the email is
not detected as spam and maybe removing one if it is there.  That would
make it behave like spamassassin right?  It sounds like that is what he
is trying to achieve.

If message is detected as spam:
   1. if X-Spam-Flag exists then remove it
   2. add X-Spam-Flag

If message is not detected as spam:
   1. Do not add X-Spam-Flag
   2. maybe remove any existing X-Spam-Flag?

Lists Index Date Thread Search