[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 82
From: Frank Heydlauf
Date: 2004-09-23 05:42:36 -0400
Subject: [SIQ] 027 Re: Re: [LFN14080312] milter-spamc setup generating false positives

Removal...........: milters-request@milter.info?subject=remove
More information..: http://www.milter.info/#Support

On Thu, Sep 23, 2004 at 10:10:51AM +0200, Alexander Bochmann wrote:
> Well, if the milter sets the flag anyway, it's
> certain the entry was generated by the milter and
> not by some third party.

that's not the problem.
The problem is: sender with milter (or a spammer) sets "X-Spam-Flag: no"
which may cause false positives on any receiving exim/spamassassin
installation setup in the recommended way.
(We hat exactly this case in April)

> Can't be more unambiguous...?

yes - but only on your site, receiving mail.

>  > The clients (as we and probably many others do) filter for
>  > the existens of X-Spam-Flag. If it's set - with "Yes" or
"no"
>  > or whatever - the message is treated as spam.
>
> Well, that's a dumb way to use this flag then...

It makes less sense in a milter-setup, that's correct.
Assuming you set X-Spam-Flag your own and every time!
(what happenes if your spamd dies?)
And relying on every MUA/filter taking the last occurrence
of X-Spam-Flag.
That's very vague in my eyes.

--
Gruss Frank