[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 8
From: Anthony Howe
Date: 2004-09-14 14:58:39 -0400
Subject: Re: hello world

Removal...........: milters-request@milter.info?subject=remove
More information..: http://www.milter.info/#Support

Hugo van der Kooij wrote:
> Removal...........: milters-request@milter.info?subject=remove
> More information..: http://www.milter.info/#Support
>
> On Tue, 14 Sep 2004, Eric Sauvageau wrote:
>

>>I was wondering if Anthony was just letting us know about the list or
>>also had already subscribed us.  That mail confirms it I guess :)
>

> It is not legal to add people to a mailinglist without their explicit
> consent. (European anti-spam rules apply to France as well!)

Not if prior business contact has been made. Everyone I emailed had
contacted me at some point concerning my milters for support.

Adding everyone to a closed-post list I manage and moderate might have
been a touch too much, but the MLM software provided the best means to
communicate to everyone in 50 user blocks through my server and it was
the quickest means. I would have like to get everyone's ok first, but
its not always possible to do quickly. Unlike other spammer opt-out
schemes, my list actually acknowledges remove requests, as do I when
they come to me directly.

> Top post are bad on a mailinglist:
>
> A: Yes.
>
>>Q: Are you sure?
>>
>>>A: Because it reverses the logical flow of conversation.

+1

--
Anthony C Howe                                 +33 6 11 89 73 78
http://www.snert.com/       ICQ:

            "Once...we were here."  - Last of The Mohicans

Lists Index Date Thread Search