[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 73
From: Adam Gibson
Date: 2004-09-22 18:06:47 -0400
Subject: milter-sender 'not answering' response

Removal...........: milters-request@milter.info?subject=remove
More information..: http://www.milter.info/#Support

Does anyone know the specifics of how milter-sender is supposed to
handle servers where the primary MX server(s) are not online so
connection attempts to them time-out?  Shouldn't this cause the
grey-list routine to kick in?  I am seeing quite a emails where we
constantly give the response of 'not answering' from automated
systems(incoming mail from automated aol password reset requests,
entrust cert renewal reponses, etc).  The mail servers try to resend it
later but we still give the same response.

milter-sender config:
MilterSocket=unix:/var/lib/milter-sender/socket
DeferMailReject=0
GreyListRejectCount=5
GreyListBlockTime=300

Any info would be appreciated.